• Review Us
  • Call Now For A Free Consultation 217-953-4826

    Knowledgeable Guidance When You Need It Most

    Car Accidents After being involved in a car accident, you may have many questions on what to do next. At Haxel Law, we have over 30 years of experience in helping injury victims across Illinois. We provide the proactive assistance you need throughout an uncertain time.

    Read on for some of our most frequently asked questions on car wrecks:

    What Should I Do After A Car Accident?

    In the moments following an accident, take the following steps:

    • Call the police and seek medical attention. When an accident results in injuries or property damage, you must involve law enforcement officials.
    • Take pictures of the accident scene. If possible, document the extent of your injuries and the damage to your vehicle.
    • Exchange contact information with the other driver. Exchange basic information including names, addresses and insurance details.
    • Get contact information from witnesses. Speak with any eyewitnesses to gather their accounts and basic contact details.

    Once you take these immediate steps, consider calling an attorney prior to calling your insurance company. Doing this can help you avoid giving a statement that could harm your claim.

    Should I Accept A Car Accident Insurance Settlement Offer?

    Insurance companies often swiftly offer settlements to injury victims. Unfortunately, this may be far less than the full value of what you deserve. This value should account for your medical expenses, potentially lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. Moreover, if you accept this settlement, you cannot ask the insurer for more later when you learn of additional expenses related to your injuries.

    What If The Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?

    Illinois law requires auto insurance policies to include uninsured motorist coverage. This coverage can protect you in the event of a crash caused by an uninsured driver. An attorney can advise on recovering compensation through filing a claim with your own insurance company. In some cases, your insurer may sue the uninsured driver.

    Do I Need An Attorney To Handle My Car Accident Case?

    When your accident resulted in significant injuries or property damage, managing your insurance claim on your own can risk settling for less than you are due. The insurance company has lawyers on their side. With much at stake, an attorney with insight on how insurers approach such cases can give you the aggressive representation you need.

    Get Your Questions Answered By A Lawyer

    We can address the questions and concerns unique to your case. Learn how we can assist by scheduling a free consultation. Call us in Springfield at 217-953-4826 or send us an email.

    Want A Free Consultation?

    Bold labels are required.

    Contact Information

    The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


    Privacy Policy