After more than 30 years in private practice in Illinois and working as an Illinois Assistant Attorney General, Martin possesses the knowledge and experience to help his clients in a variety of practice areas. Martin currently represents individuals in litigation involving Personal Injury, and Workers' Compensation.
Mr. Haxel is a well-rounded plaintiff's lawyer who has insight regarding how the opponents operate from his past experience on the defendant's side. As the injured party, you are the plaintiff, and we can tell you from our experiene how an employer or insurance company is likely to approach your case. Not only does that allow us to set the stage for your case, but it also allows us to create the most appropriate strategy for obtaining meaningful results.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Workers' Compensation
- Missouri, 1981
- Illinois, 1982
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, Edwardsville, Illinois
- Major: Economics
- Bringing the Insurance Carrier Into the Case, ISBA, Workers' Compensation Section, March, 2017
- REAR END CAR AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT - WHIPLASH INJURY -Client sustained neck injury when involved in automobile accident. Haxel Law obtained policy-limit settlement from the insurance company of the driver at fault
- WORKER'S COMPENSATION - IMPORTANT VICTORY FOR FIREFIGHTERS - Haxel Law won a worker's compensation trial on behalf of a Springfield firefighter who suffered hearing loss. This ruling could make it easier for firefighters across the state to receive compensation for their work-related hearing damage in a courtroom trial or during settlement negotiations.
- INJURED TRUCK DRIVER WORKER'S COMPENSATION QUADRUPLED - Negotiated settlement for injured truck driver that was 4.5 times larger than initial offer after demanding that Illinois Law apply. Injuries included torn rotator cuff and pulmonary embolism.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, 1983 to Present
- Missouri Bar, 1981 to Present
- Sangamon County Bar Association, 1991 to Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer for Springfield Dioceses, Catholic Charity Legal Services
- Troops and Cops for Kids Foundation - PRESIDENT